WHAT IS THE SIGNATURE PROGRAM?
The LEADERship Ashtabula County Signature Program is ideal for business and community members who are ready to take their careers and community involvement to the next level. Each year, selected participants enhance their leadership skills and gain an understanding of local issues, assets, and resources. We encourage, educate, and stimulate individuals to become familiar with, interested, and engaged in all facets of civic endeavor.
Class members and graduates accept leadership roles on community boards, commissions, and task-forces that are vital for Ashtabula County's economic, social, and civic development.
The class year is launched with a two-day retreat in late September, followed by one program day each month until June. A mid-year retreat takes place in January. The graduation of the class is celebrated in June with a formal ceremony.
SIGNATURE PROGRAM 2020 - 2021 CALENDAR
• Thursday, September 24, 2020 - Orientation
• Sunday - Thursday, September 27 - September 29, 2020 - Retreat, Beaumont Scout Reservation
• Wednesday, October 21, 2020 - Ashtabula County History & Communities
• Wednesday, November 18, 2020 - Agriculture
• Wednesday, December 16, 2020 - Business, Labor, & the Economy
• Wednesday, January 20, 2021 - Health & Human Services
• Friday, January 29, 2021 - Mid-Year Retreat
• Friday, February 26, 2021 - Government & Political Issues
• Wednesday, March 17, 2021 - Public Safety & the Justice System
• Wednesday, April 21, 2021 - Educational Systems
• Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - Quality of Life in Ashtabula County
• Friday, June 4, 2021 - Graduation & Awards